The Northwest Regional Education Center provides a variety of school support programs for member districts within the state of New Mexico including Chama Valley, Cuba, Dulce, Jemez Mountain, Mesa Vista, Penasco, Questa, and Taos schools. The center strives to deliver high quality, comprehensive and responsive services in order to better equip member school districts with the resources needed to enhance learning and increase student achievement.
What is a REC?
REC = Regional Educational Cooperative
v There are 9 regional education cooperatives located throughout New Mexico, supporting 63 rural school districts, charter schools, and state-supported schools. RECs also work directly with the New Mexico Public Education Department (PED) on state-wide projects and initiatives.
v Each REC has member school districts that have chosen to take advantages of their services.
v RECs are considered state agencies. They have administrative ties to the PED but are governed by their own boards. The REC boards consist of the superintendents of their member districts.
v All 9 RECs are members of the New Mexico Regional Education Cooperatives Association (NMRECA). See the website for more information: www.nmreca.org
Common services provided to our member school districts include, but are not limited to:
* Special Education/Regular Education Technical Assistance
* Assist in Child Find Services
* Crisis Prevention Intervention Training
* Common Core Support as needed
* Student Assistance Team (SAT) and Response to Intervention (RTI) Training and Support
* SDAA Monitoring/Fiscal and Business Management Support
* Title III Consortia Technical Assistance and Administration
* NM TEACH Calibration and Assessment
* Corrective Action Plan Assistance
* IDEA B Application Assistance
* Envision Your Future (EYF)/Parent Involvement Program (PIP) Training
* Champs/PBIS Training
* Drug/Alcohol Prevention Presentations
* District Strategic Planning Assistance
* Professional Development Opportunities
* Superintendent/Admin Mentorship
* Monthly Round Table Discussions
* Handbook of Special Education Procedures
* Fall/Spring SPED Academies
* Spring SPED Leadership/Business Officials Academy
* Network & Learn
* Substitute Training
* Mentor/Mentee Training
* Data Training/Presentations